This year, the application will be online through the Board's new web portal. Diplomates can access the portal by clicking the "Sign in" button on the top of this page. If this is your first time signing into the portal, please contact the Board office for assistance with your username and password. Once you are on your portal page, you should first update your contact information on the Profile Tab. You can also personalize your portal page by adding an optional photo.
The 10-year Milestone application can be accessed by clicking the Application Button found on the left-side of your portal page. Before you start the application process, it is highly recommended that you have the following documents on hand when you complete the application:
Diplomates who are Clinically-Inactive will be expected to submit the following documents with their application:
- Copies of all medical licenses (PDF format) and National Practitioner Identifier Number;
- A letter of reference from your Chief of Staff, VP of Medical Affairs or equivalent position. The individual can use this Reference Template Form (Click Here) or he/she can write a letter on their own institutional letterhead provided there is a signature (PDF format);
- A letter of reference from a responsible member on staff. This individual can use this Reference Template Form (Click Here) or he/she can write a letter on their own institutional letterhead provided there is a signature (PDF format);
- A practice profile;
- A summary of the last year of cases;
- The name and a brief description of a Practice Quality Improvement (PQI) project performed in the last two years;
- The name of a Patient Safety Course taken in the last year; and
- A list of 150 AMA Category 1 CME hours since January 1, 2015, half (75 hours) of which need to be in the broad category of thoracic surgery
- Submit copies of all medical licenses (PDF format);
- Provide an explanation describing what you are doing professionally; and
- List 150 AMA Category 1 CME hours since January 1, 2015, half (75 hours) of which need to be in the broad category of thoracic surgery.
If selected for random audit, Diplomates will be expected to submit copies of the third-party CME certificates (PDF format).
A confirmation email will be sent to Diplomates when the application is submitted. Another email will be sent when the application has been approved.