This year, the application will be online through the Board's new web portal. Diplomates can access the portal by clicking the "Sign in" button on the top of this page. If this is your first time signing into the portal, please contact the Board office for assistance with your username and password. Once you are on your portal page, you should first update your contact information on the Profile Tab. You can also personalize your portal page by adding an optional photo.
The 10-year Milestone application can be accessed by clicking the Application Button found on the left-side of your portal page. Before you start the application process, it is highly recommended that you have the following documents and/or information ready when you complete the application:
Diplomates who are Clinically-Inactive will be expected to submit the following documents and/or information with their application:
- Copies of all medical licenses (PDF format) and National Practitioner Identifier Number. You will need to upload the .pdf copy of all the medical license you list in the application;
- A letter of reference from your Chief of Staff, VP of Medical Affairs or equivalent position. The individual can use this Reference Template Form (Click Here) or he/she can write a letter on their own institutional letterhead provided there is a signature (PDF format). You will need to upload the .pdf letter into the application;
- A letter of reference from a responsible member on staff. This individual can use this Reference Template Form (Click Here) or he/she can write a letter on their own institutional letterhead provided there is a signature (PDF format). You will need to upload the .pdf letter into the application;
- A practice profile. Provide the percentage of time spent in surgical and non-surgical activities listed in the 10-Year MOC application;
- A summary of the last year of cases. The dates can be from January 1 - December 31, 2019 or from the date of the application and 12 months back. The 10-Year MOC application will provide a list of Cardiac/Congenital and Thoracic procedures, you will need to indicate the number of procedures completed during the time frame indicated on the application;
- The name and a brief description (to include the following information: what needed to be improved, what measures were taken to make the improvement and what were the results after the measures were implemented) of a Practice Quality Improvement (PQI) project performed in the last two years. PQI project must have a start date of March 2, 2018 or later;
- The name of the Patient Safety course completed in the last 24 months (March 2, 2018 or later). Click here for additional information regarding the Patient Safety course. Serving on a Patient Safety committee does not meet the requirement for Patient Safety. A patient safety coure or a meeting covering the additional topics listed on the Board's website will be accepted.
- A list of 150 AMA Category 1 CME hours since January 1, 2016, half (75 hours) of which need to be in the broad category of thoracic surgery
- Submit copies of all medical licenses (PDF format). You will need to upload the .pdf copy of all the medical license you list in the application;
- Provide an explanation describing what you are doing professionally. The information will be added into the 10-Year MOC application; and
- List 150 AMA Category 1 CME hours since January 1, 2016, half (75 hours) of which need to be in the broad category of thoracic surgery.
If selected for random audit, Diplomates will be expected to submit copies of the third-party CME certificates (PDF format).
A confirmation email will be sent to Diplomates when the application is submitted. Another email will be sent when the application has been approved.